Products and Services
We offer comprehensive prescription filling services, as well as patient counseling, checks for drug-to-drug interaction and drug allergy checks.
- NEW! EZ-Pack - blister-pack storage system for easier pill management at home
- Online Prescription Refill, Easy Prescription Transfers, Compounding of Medications
- FREE Home Delivery
- Flu Shots, Shingles & Pneumonia Immunizations
- In-pharmacy Clinical Services
- Gastric Bypass & LAP-BAND Postsurgical Dietary Nutritional Supplements
- Diabetic Supplies
- Therapeutic Shoes for Diabetes Patients (Stride Lite™ Brand)
- Durable Medical Equipment (Canes, Crutches, Walkers, Urinals, Bedpans, Etc.)
- A full line of Windmill, Century 21, Pioneer & Other
Brand Name Vitamins
- Everyday Specials
- Senior Discounts
- Bill Pay Service (Pay your utility, water, phone, credit card, insurance, cable, and many other bills with our in-store bill pay system. Some bills post to the utility the same day. We are a BGE and Verizon Home Service preferred payment site.)
- Lottery Tickets
- US Postage Stamps & UPS Shipping Services
- Money Orders
- Notary Services (Please call ahead for availability.)
- Greeting Cards & Gift Wrap (Always at a discount.)
- Gift Certificates
Diabetic Care Supplies & Services
As a Medicare-accredited limited durable medical equipment (DME) provider, we can bill your diabetes testing supplies directly to Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Need diabetes counseling or other services? Stop on in—we can help!
Stride Lite™ Therapeutic Shoes for Diabetes Patients
We understand how important proper foot care is to diabetes management, due to the increased risk of serious foot complications (such as ulcers and sores) that can occur from the use of ill-fitting shoes. These foot problems, which can cause infection and lead to possible amputation, are the most common complications of diabetes that require hospitalization. Professionally fitted shoes for persons with diabetes can reduce the risk of foot complications.
The trained staff at Halethorpe Pharmacy can perform in-store fittings for our patients with diabetes. By taking preventive measures, it is possible to avoid foot complications and to maintain an independent, active lifestyle. This is why Stride Lite therapeutic shoes and insoles are an excellent first step toward better foot health. Medicare A and B covers one pair of Stride Lite therapeutic shoes with three pairs of personally molded orthotic shoe inserts (to be charged throughout the year). If you have Medicare A and B primary and Medigap or supplemental Medicare insurance, you will likely have no out-of-pocket expense. We can take care of all the billing paperwork for you. Call us at (410) 247-3344 to learn more.
NEW! EZ-Pack Convenience Pill Packaging System
No more wondering whether you took your pills! Our EZ-Pack pill storage system organizes all your daily medications into an easy-to-use weekly or monthly package. It is sealed at the pharmacy to ensure that your medications do not spill out or get mixed up. Ask about it in the store, or give us a call!
Gastric Bypass & LAP-BAND Postsurgical Dietary Nutritional Supplements
Halethorpe Pharmacy and Independent Drug are among the only suppliers in the Baltimore area to carry these products! We stock dietary supplements recommended by one of the leading gastric bypass and LAP-BAND surgery practices in the Baltimore area. We work with their nutritionists to ensure we stock the latest supplements to optimize your postsurgical success. If you are a patient who has undergone gastric bypass or LAP-BAND surgery, you can turn to us for nutritional products that include Bariatric Advantage chewable vitamins, nutraMetrix Isotonix, Pioneer chewable multivitamins, PermaLean protein Powder supplements, whey protein supplements, chewable multivitamins, chewable calcium supplements, crystal nutrition supplements, powdered nutrition supplements, sublingual vitamin B12, biotin supplements and more. Call us to learn more.
Medical Equipment Provider Services
As a Medicare-accredited limited durable medical equipment (DME) provider, we can bill Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield for the following medical equipment items (prescription required):